iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
New leaders are excited for the challenge and organizations and seminaries have created focused programs and provide much needed support. Mark and Thom discuss these trends and other positive signs taking place within church revitalization.
- The issue of awareness is huge (The “A” of the ABC Factor from Breakout Churches.)
- There is no longer a shame factor associated with revitalization
- Revitalization is attracting a whole new generation of leaders.
- Revitalization is becoming a key part of the ministries of seminaries and other Christian organizations.
- We are seeing more stories of “revitalize heroes.”
- There is increased awareness to the reality of the problem within churches in need of revitalization.
- There is no shame in asking for help when you know there is a need for revitalization.
- God is raising up a whole generation of young leaders who care deeply about a declining and dying Church.
- With the creation of new organizations supporting church revitalization, we are witnessing a parallel between church revitalization and church planting networks of the 1980’s.
- The older generation needs to see their roles as encouragers and those who help onramp the next generation of leaders.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.