Podcast Episode #595
What in the world is a Berry Bucket? If you don’t think this is a relevant topic for your church join Thom and Sam as they discuss the Berry Bucket and how it is often the source of church conflict.
- Understanding the Concept of the Berry Bucket
- Why Years Two and Three Are the Most Common Berry Bucket Conflict Years
- The Communication Issues with the Berry Bucket
- Surviving the Berry Bucket
- How is the Berry Bucket created?
- How are existing church members threatened by the Berry Bucket?
- Conflict with the Berry Bucket can depend upon what type of new church member is acquired.
- It will benefit the leader to over communicate the wins and advantages of the Berry Bucket.
- A pastor can change the pace of change with tenure.
- A church may be declining in growth and still experience the difficult challenges of the Berry Bucket.
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
Vanderbloemen has 12 Vanderbloemen Differences that allow them to serve their clients better than anyone else. One of those is Theology Matters. Vanderbloemen’s staff has more seminary and theological experience than any other search firm with 250+ collective years of church leadership experience.
To learn more about all 12 of Vanderbloemen’s Differences, visit VanderDifference.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.