iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
Today’s episode focuses on the characteristics and hangups of churches in need of revitalization and replanting. Kevin and Thom discuss their experiences and observations from churches across North America. Pastors should learn to recognize the signs and influence change.
The Six Indicators a Revitalization Must Become a Replant:
- When the trajectory is obviously moving toward zero
- When deferred maintenance becomes a crisis
- When the church can’t find a pastor
- When no one is leading
- When the church looks nothing like the community
- When silver bullets are seen as the only solution
- When a church is in a steady decline it has become a church that needs revitalization.
- If your first thought is a takeover, then you are not ready to lead a revitalization.
- When attendance goes below 100 the rate of a church in decline accelerates.
- Churches have got to read the numbers on the wall and make changes before they die.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.