iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
Measurements are important. Numbers tell us where we have been and where we might be headed. Thom and Kevin take this episode to discuss 7 important metrics that should be included on a church revitalization scorecard.
The 7 church revitalization scorecard metrics:
- New Christians
- Total giving more than weekly per capita giving
- First-time guests
- Second-time guests
- Community ministry involvement
- Worship attendance
- Prayer involvement
– What is celebrated gets replicated.
– Sometimes we de-emphasize the measures which aren’t going well.
– Churches must face the brutal facts in order to know where they are going.
– We need to measure what really matters in the church.
– Numbers are our friends. Numbers can indicate our current status, where we have been, and where we might go.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.