iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
Admitting and starting to replant or revitalize can be hard for churches. Today we cover seven reasons many churches fail to take the needed action.
- Money in the bank can be a huge hindrance to revitalization.
- As long as churches can pay their bills, they are often hesitant to ask for help.
- When you rely too much on the personality of the pastor, you won’t rely enough on the Holy Spirit.
- “If only we had…” is an excuse and a deflection churches use when they refuse to address problems.
The seven reasons we discuss are:
- “There is money in the bank.”
- “The magic bullet pastor is out there somewhere.”
- “Our methods are sound.”
- “We are not the problem.”
- “We can get it done tomorrow.”
- “We still have visitors.”
- “We know another church like us that turned around.”
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.