Podcast Episode #571
We recently highlights seven changes are facing today. In this episode, we discuss how to combat these changes.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Cultural Christianity is all but gone in America.
- Multi-service became multi-venue which became multi-site.
- Work habits are changing. Churches need to consider responding to those changes with alternate worship times.
- Denominational health reflects the health of member churches.
The seven changes we discuss are:
- The Death of Cultural Christianity.
- The Multi Movement.
- The Shift in Work Habits.
- The Decline of Denominations.
- The Move to Different Staffing Models.
- The Huge Revitalization and Replanting Movement.
- The Closure of 8,000 to 10,000 Churches a Year.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
- Using Part-time Ministry Leaders in a Revitalization or Replant – Revitalize & Replant #106
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
Vanderbloemen has 12 Vanderbloemen Differences that allow them to serve their clients better than anyone else. One of those is Theology Matters. Vanderbloemen’s staff has more seminary and theological experience than any other search firm with 250+ collective years of church leadership experience.
To learn more about all 12 of Vanderbloemen’s Differences, visit VanderDifference.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.