iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
When a staff member leaves, most churches automatically search outside the church for a replacement. Today we offer a different perspective on staffing.
- Raising up leaders from within to serve on staff is typically a healthier approach to staffing.
- It’s often a lot easier to hire someone that fire someone.
- When you hire someone from within the church, it takes much less work and time to get them up to speed.
- Not every ministry position can be split from a single full-time person to multiple part-time people, but it’s worth considering when an position comes open.
The six reasons we discuss are:
- The perspective of fresh eyes
- Opportunity for new ministry and new ministers
- The cost issue
- Coming from the missionary perspective
- The key issue of training
- Creating empathy
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.