Podcast Episode #543
Corporate worship is stale in many churches. These six additions can help re-engage your members during corporate worship and spur them to further ministry.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- For a church to be a praying church, you have to be very intentional about how you lead the church to pray during corporate worship.
- Use your offertory time to give an example of how the funds given through the church are ministering to those in the community and around the world.
- I wish more churches prayed for other churches in their community more often.
- When you celebrate the ministry of members, it should encourage others to join them in missions and ministry.
The six additions we discuss are:
- Worship prep: A preview of the history and meaning of music chosen for the service.
- Prayer guide: Helping the congregation know how to pray corporately.
- Reasons for stewardship: An example of how God is using the funds given through the church.
- Pray for other churches: A different church in the community each week.
- Gifts to give your neighbors: One church gives each member a small loaf of bread to take to their neighbors.
- Featured missional member: Each month or week a church member is featured for his or her ministry.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
Today’s episode is sponsored by Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Midwestern offers more than 25 degrees at both undergraduate and masters level that are fully attainable online. From Business to Bible, Counseling to Christian education, prepare for your future at your own pace and in your own location.
Find out more at mbts.edu/online.
Vanderbloemen has 12 Vanderbloemen Differences that allow them to serve their clients better than anyone else. One of those is Theology Matters. Vanderbloemen’s staff has more seminary and theological experience than any other search firm with 250+ collective years of church leadership experience.
To learn more about all 12 of Vanderbloemen’s Differences, visit VanderDifference.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.