iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
Disappointment plagues many pastors and church leaders. And in revitalizations or replants, it can be an ever bigger issue. Today, we identify five common areas of disappointment and how to deal with them.
- Some of your biggest early supporters as a pastor are only doing so because they think they’ll be able to manipulate or influence you for their gain.
- Sometimes your church facility will never get to where it needs to be, but you have to be content knowing the Lord can still bless it.
- God gives you victories in your life every week, you just have to see them and rejoice in them.
- Oddly enough, some church members have more issues with a dying church merging with another than closing the church.
The five areas of disappointment we discuss are:
- When your big supporter becomes your big critic.
- When the facility is in much worse shape than you thought.
- When your support network disappears.
- When your church continues to decline despite your best efforts.
- When you conclude the church must close.
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.