iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
Churches who die typically show common symptoms. Today, we discuss common reasons they decide to die instead of revitalize.
- So many churches are in denial that they just don’t see they are dying.
- Steps for revitalization may seem obvious for some, but for many, they are not.
- Hiring a young pastor is not the silver bullet for church revitalization.
- The Christian life is not a call to a comfortable life.
The six reasons we discuss are:
- “We didn’t know we were dying.”
- “We didn’t know how to revitalize.”
- “We thought we had the silver bullet for revitalization.”
- “We were just uncomfortable with the change we would have to endure.”
- “We are angry.”
- “We are tired.”
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Autopsy of a Deceased Church
- Autopsy of a Deceased Church Video Study Guide
- No Silver Bullets
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.