SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
Frustrations are to be expected in any pastorate. Today we discuss six of the most common frustrations pastors face when revitalizing or replanting.
Some highlights from today’s episode:
- In almost every church, there is some need for revitalization.
- “We will do whatever it takes to turn around our church” usually means “we will do whatever it takes as long as we don’t have to change.”
- If your focus is on what you don’t have in your church, you’ll fail to appreciate what you do have.
- Strangely, your biggest early supporters in a pastors often turn into your biggest critics later on.
The six common frustrations we discuss are:
- Unrealistic expectations
- Perceived lack of resources
- Lack of peer support
- Supporters who become critics
- Members who leave
- Family challenges
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Revitalize Network
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Scrappy Church and Reclaiming Glory.