Podcast Episode #522
Some church fights actually are fading. Today we discuss those and the reasons why they are fading.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Most church fights today involve music or other aspects of the worship service.
- Nearly every time you open a new avenue for giving in the church, giving increases.
- Fewer and fewer pastors are wearing ties to preach in on Sundays.
- Fights over musical instruments in the worship service are more over what instruments are not being used than the ones that are.
The fading fights we discuss are:
- Projector screens
- Online giving
- Formal vs. casual attire
- Selected musical instruments
- Offertory order in worship
- Altar calls/invitation
- Choir robes
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Be sure to check out Midwestern’s Doctorate of Ministry Degree. The D.Min. is an advanced degree preparing students for leadership in local churches and denominational service. It is also fully attainable in hybrid format which means you don’t have to move to pursue the degree.
Find out more at mbts.edu/dmin.