Podcast Episode #493
Not a week goes by without me being asked to recommend a resource for some aspect of stewardship in the church. Today, we cover five of the ones we recommend the most.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- When dealing with outside consultants in the church, always get references from other churches. Do your homework and don’t get scammed.
- When you introduce a new form of giving, giving in a church almost always goes up.
- Personnel as only 50% of the budget is only a guide. There are more factors that go into how much of a church’s budget should be personnel.
- Better personal stewardship is a measure of overall discipleship.
The five stewardship tools we cover are:
- DIY Stewardship Campaign
- Text giving
- Budget analysis
- Personal stewardship resources
- Effective leadership for stewardship
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
- Church Answers
- DIY Stewardship Campaigns
- The Money Challenge
- The Marriage Challenge
- Not Your Parents’ Offering Plate
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.