Podcast Episode #460
There are several things you can do in worship services to improve the experience for guests and members. Today we discuss five such things—four of which cost nothing.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Poorly done announcements can really derail a worship service. Video announcements can help eliminate that risk.
- The most strategic place to have a greeter is in the worship center talking to people who are already seated waiting on the service to start.
- Churches should avoid insider language because it confuses guests and makes them feel unwelcome.
- Keep these two principles in mind in your church: use what communicates best and what communicates to guests.
The five improvements we discuss are:
- Use video announcements (Pro-Nounce)
- Allow for text questions after the sermon
- Make the offertory time meaningful
- Make certain no guests sit alone
- Avoid insider language
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.