Podcast Episode #453
Money is a subject too many pastors avoid—but they shouldn’t. It’s important to preach and teach on biblical stewardship. Today we explain seven ways that can lead to increased giving.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Pastors shouldn’t be fearful about preaching on money or stewardship.
- According to some studies, giving increases threefold when someone moves from attending worship only to being a part of a small group.
- Consistent ministry involvement typically leads to greater giving involvement.
- People no longer give due to institutional loyalty—they give because they believe in the vision.
The seven reasons we discuss are:
- Pastors preach about money and stewardship.
- People move from worship only to small groups.
- Members get involved in ministry.
- Church leadership is clear and passionate about the vision of the church.
- The church has multiple channels for giving.
- Leadership is transparent about church finances.
- The church is outwardly focused.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Applications are now open for Vanderbloemen’s fall pastor coaching network at their Houston headquarters in September and November. There are two networks – one for Lead Pastors and one for Executive Pastors. Each group is limited to 16 people. It’s a roundtable, close-knit network where you will grow as a leader so that you can grow your team and ultimately grow your church.
If you’re interested in joining, visit vanderbloemen.com/coaching for more information.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.