Podcast Episode #417
This resource-laden podcast walks through six predictions for the future of churches. We’ve seen these trends over the past few years and now they are becoming a reality.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Too many church members stopped inviting lost neighbors because they thought their church’s cool music or attractional model would be enough to draw people in.
- Gospel conversations often start with a simple invite to come to church.
- Virtual assistants allow churches to put more resources into ministry.
- Churches are now starting to connect more frequently through affinity networks.
The six future projections we cover are:
- Personal invitations are really working in many churches
- Virtual staff is becoming more common
- More church leaders are finding mentors
- Smaller churches are using staff search firms
- Declining churches are declining more rapidly
- More churches are connecting through networks
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Our friends at Vanderbloemen Search Group help churches and ministries build great teams by finding their key staff, but did you know they have a ton of resources around team building? Their newest addition is TheCultureTool.com, a free comprehensive staff engagement survey to help you build, run, and keep a great team. It’s brand new and still in beta, so check out TheCultureTool.com to be on the cutting edge of this new tool that will help you improve your church staff culture.
Visit TheCultureTool.com to learn more.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.