Podcast Episode #404
I love that the pastors we routinely interact with are always looking to improve. Today, we examine seven areas to focus on as a pastor that will help you serve your church better.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- We have to be continual learners and apply what we learn to our lives.
- I am saddened at the rate of moral failures among ministers. It seems to be happening with more frequency.
- If we’re not strong in the Lord, we will be weak in our humanity.
- An outside view is always important to be able to see reality in your church.
- Getting enough sleep can really help your perspective on life events.
The seven keys we cover are:
- Read and listen with passion
- Don’t forget Acts 6:4
- The need for a regularly scheduled plan of outreach
- Get out of the bubble
- Enlist an outside voice every year
- Take time to dream
- Get some sleep
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead Pastor or an Executive Pastor looking for peer roundtable coaching, check it out at vanderbloemen.com/coaching. It’s limited to 16 folks, so apply today before it fills up.
Midwestern Seminary is interested in helping you get to the field faster. And they’re serious about training leaders for the church. That’s why they’ve created the all-new Accelerate Program. In Midwestern’s Accelerate Program, students earn both Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Divinity degree in just 5 years of intensive study. That’s a B.A. and an M.Div. at the same time. This innovative residential program combines rigorous academic training with practical ministry preparation, resulting in one of the most effective programs around, so that you can pursue your ministry calling as soon as possible.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting mbts.edu/accelerate.
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Podcast
- Church Answers
- Does Your Church Need a Church Consultation? – Rainer on Leadership #397
- For consultation inquiries, email email@example.com