Podcast Episode #375
Pastors and church staff do a lot of great things. Unfortunately, they sometimes do some stupid things too.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- The internet has made both sermon plagiarism and detecting sermon plagiarism easier.
- Pastor, if you’re plagiarizing sermons, I guarantee you that people know it.
- Church credit cards can be very helpful. They can also be very harmful when abused.
- If you’re currently involved in one of these four danger areas, the first thing to do is to stop.
- Don’t. Do. Stupid.
The four dangers we discuss are:
- Flirting dangerously with sexual boundaries.
- Financial stupidity.
- Social media madness.
Midwestern Seminary is interested in helping you get to the field faster. And they’re serious about training leaders for the church. That’s why they’ve created the all-new Accelerate Program. In Midwestern’s Accelerate Program, students earn both Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Divinity degree in just 5 years of intensive study. That’s a B.A. and an M.Div. at the same time. This innovative residential program combines rigorous academic training with practical ministry preparation, resulting in one of the most effective programs around, so that you can pursue your ministry calling as soon as possible.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting mbts.edu/accelerate.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.