Podcast Episode #208
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Many times pastors do not realize how critical daily Bible reading is to the overall discipleship of the church.
- The ministry benefits of blogging as a church staff member far outweigh the time and effort it takes to blog.
- The more your church is known in your community, the more opportunity you will have to impact the community for Christ.
- Your posts on Facebook and Twitter should be targeted to your audience on each specific network.
- Post engaging content on social media that people will want to share.
- If a parent requests a picture of their child to be removed from social media, take it down. Don’t make it an issue.
- Not every church event needs a Facebook event set up for it.
- Encourage your members to share or retweet church social media posts—but post content worth sharing.
- If your church is not using Facebook and Twitter, you’re missing a huge opportunity to reach people.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Midwestern Seminary, located in the heart of the Midwest, is one of the fastest growing seminaries in North America and offers a fantastic array of academic programs, including multiple online and residential options at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. Midwestern’s new 81-hour Mdiv program, online program, and doctoral program have all been recognized as some of the most innovative and affordable in the country. There has never been a better time to begin your seminary education. Midwestern Seminary trains leaders ‘For The Church.’
Visit them online at MBTS.edu and start your ministry training today.