Podcast Episode #134
Discussion about financial barriers and budgets in the local church. As we mention in the podcast, if you want us to examine an item in your church budget, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Both browbeating people about giving and completely ignoring it are not healthy for a pastor.
- The church should lead by example in good stewardship.
- Zero-based budgeting is often the best budgeting method for churches.
- Offering envelopes are antiquated—but they work to increase giving.
- Millennials want to know the money they give is being spent well.
- Millennials have little patience for waste when it comes to church budgets.
The six keys to breaking financial barriers in your church are:
- Preach on stewardship
- Live within your means as a church
- Use powerful stories around the offertory time
- Provide various means of giving
- Use testimonies during the time of giving in the church
- Understand the mindset of Millennials
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church. Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church.